This guide covers step by step on how to direct traffic from the internet to a device behind a Siretta Router. This document is designed for a customer who is looking for a solution of directing specific service behind using the Siretta Router to the internet using the Port Redirecting method.
The following products are used to create this document: –
• QUARTZ-W22-UMTS (EU) + accessories
• PC connected to the Internet with the Terminal emulator program.
• Fixed IP SIM card
• Server IP address and port number.
1) Insert fixed IP SIM card into a Siretta Router (QUARTZ-W22-UMTS (EU)) then enter the APN details as provided by the SIM card provider. Once the Router is connected to a mobile network you will see the connected status on the Router’s web interface (GUI) as shown below.
2) Attach a server to one LAN port of the Router using the Ethernet cable.
2) Attach a PC to the other LAN port for configuration purposes if the server and Router are on the same network. If the server and router are not on the same network, obtain server IP address and port number.
4) Navigate to a device list on the Router GUI and you will see a listed device as per the screenshot below, if the Router and server are not on the same network skip this step and continue with the rest of the steps
• PC local IP address is 192.168.1.15
•Server Public IP address is 188.8.131.52 and port is 41031
• Router local IP address is 192.168.1.1
• Server and router are not connected to the same network thus why server cannot be seen on the device list.
5) Navigate to the advanced network tab then select Port Redirecting option.
6) Enter the server details (IP address and port number), click the save button and wait for router to reboot.
Now the setting is complete. You will need the fixed IP address of the SIM card to access the service behind using the Siretta Router. In this case we are going to use Tera Term running on the PC connected to the internet to access the service behind the Router as shown below.
NOTE: This Port Redirecting application note can be applied to all Siretta Routers.
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org