The document is designed for any customer interested in accessing a Siretta Router web page (GUI) remotely for configuration purposes, such as adding a Router to the management platform, connecting to a VPN, advanced network settings and other Router setup functions.
NOTE: To setup the Router it must be connected locally to your PC initially using an ethernet cable (See Router Quick Start Guide). This will allow you to configure and setup remote access to the Router which will enable you to access and configure the Router remotely.
The following resources were used to create this document:
- QUARTZ-W22-UMTS (EU) + ACCECSSORIES
- PC for Router configuration
- Fixed IP SIM card
- Router Quick Start Guide
Steps to configure the Router for remote access.
1. Insert fixed IP SIM card into the Siretta Router (For this example a QUARTZ-W22-UMTS (EU) was used)
2. Enter the APN details as provided by the SIM card provider (see Quick Start Guide).
3. Once the Router is connected to a mobile network you will see the connected status on the Router’s web interface (GUI) as shown below.
4. Navigate to ‘Administration’ > ‘Admin Access’ tab on the Router GUI
5. Select HTTP on the remote access (We recommend using HTTPS for production units as this secures the data sent between the client and the router)
6. Enter Access Port of your choice or leave as the default port 8080
7. Set IP addresses of the PCs allowed to access Router (Recommended) or leave blank for any PC to have access to the Router as seen below (Not recommended).
8. Enter a secure password in the remote password field.
NOTE: This password field will be visible on the public internet and will be subject to hacking attempts and should therefore be a very secure password which is not easy to guess through dictionary or brute force attempts.
9. Click save and wait for Router to reboot.
10. Make sure that you see the settings you have defined in the page below after you have saved and rebooted the Router.
The ‘Open Menus’ options allow you to display the expanded menu list for the chosen tick box when you login to the management interface remotely. By not selecting any of the ‘Open Menus’ tick boxes you will see the menu items listed as collapsed and will need to click on an item to expand it to show the sub menu items.
11. Now the setup is now complete.
12. To access the Router remotely you will need to know the fixed IP address of the SIM card inside the Router to remotely access it over the internet.
13. To determine your public IP address, open the following link https://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your PC which is locally connected to the Router or ask your ISP.
14. Use the IP address in your web browser address bar with your port number in the following format:
Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is your fixed IP address and YYYY is your port number, which you assigned in the remote access settings page.
For this example, the IP address was ‘22.214.171.124’ and the port was set to ‘8080’.
15. You will see the login window below where you will need to enter your username and password that you configured in the remote access settings page.
16. Now the Router setup has been completed.
This Remote Configuration application note can be applied to all Siretta Industrial Routers. Siretta recommends the use of a fixed public IP address for remote access to the Router. If you do not have a public fixed IP (static IP) address SIM card inside the Router then you may have to consider using one of the options below:
OpenVPN Client Connection
PPTP VPN Client Connection
With the VPN options you will need to source your own VPN server which has access to the same subnet as the PC’s attempting to remotely connect to the Siretta Router. Once the VPN is configured and established with the Router the PC connected on the same subnet as the VPN server will be able to connect directly to the Router using the Routers own IP address.
DDNS Client Connection
DDNS is an alternative method of accessing the Router remotely without a fixed IP address which is explained in the link below:
Any queries please contact email@example.com
Siretta’s range of Router products can be found at the following: