This case study shows how Siretta Industrial Modems were chosen as a cost effective and reliable solution for use in the required high reliability application of traffic flow control on road junctions, roundabouts and general traffic flow infrastructure in the UK.
Siretta has had a number of years’ involvement in the automotive/traffic sector of the market, supplying solutions into vehicle tracking, parking and traffic management. Here we cover one of these areas and our work with a major provider of traffic solutions. Our client commands significant global presence and as a result deploys vast numbers of traffic solutions covering all elements from small scale equipment through parking management, up to large scale traffic control centres.
As technology has evolved, so has the traffic solution, and with the gathering pace of IoT communications, the opportunity arose to utilise the GSM network as a means of monitoring their traffic systems remotely.
This provided the client with the opportunity to:
- Optimise performance of their traffic solutions
- Reduce installation costs, by not having to cable in a solution
- Ensure running costs were lower than over fixed connections
In addition the system needed to:
- Be user friendly and highly reliable
- Provide clear real-time information which operators & systems could act upon quickly
- Maintain best traffic flow conditions and ensure road safety is not compromised