To identify the ideal Cellular Analyser for your application we have developed the Cellular Analyser Selector Tool which is a configurable filter to narrow down the results to match your exact requirements.
The SNYPER family of signal analysers are sophisticated yet easy to use with a large and bright, full colour display. The range is offered in both 2G / 3G and 2G / 3G / LTE cellular technologies to cover all network cell towers in use today. The SNYPER is a hand held, battery operated unit and can operate for several hours between charges (depending on use). It analyses all cellular signals from any network at any particular site being surveyed and displays the results in a simple and easy to understand format.
The SNYPER also provides a summary of all the networks found in the area, their relative signal strengths and number of cells available. This information allows you to very quickly make a decision about the best network to use for your application in the area and to determine what options you have with regards to secondary backup networks. As a result this is an invaluable tool for performing site surveys and determine the best mobile network to use for your system.
The SNYPER family also performs a number of different functions to determine:
- Optimum antenna placement
- Best network performance for a site
- Evaluate performance of existing installations
- Best choice of network operator for a site
- Rank network signal strengths in order
The SNYPER has a number of signal strength thresholds within the summary page, providing a more concise view where only signals above a certain dBm / RSSI / Percentage level are of interest.
SNYPER Application Example
The SNYPER SPECTRUM offers all of the features for the standard SNYPER but also offers a USB mass storage device which allows you to save up to 50 full network surveys directly on to the unit. This feature allows you to perform and store multiple site surveys and is an invaluable tool for maintenance engineers and system installers when in the field. They do not want to return to base to download survey results and the save feature allows engineers to save multiple results and remain out in the field all day long going from site to site and performing multiple surveys.
The USB mass storage device acts as a standard hard drive when plugged in to a PC and the saved results can be downloaded simply and easily using Windows, MAC or Linux. Results are available as comma separated variables (CSV) and standard web page results (HTML).
The SNYPER SPECTRUM also offers the liveSCAN feature. This allows you to perform a standard network survey and then perform a real time liveSCAN of your chosen network to determine the highest signal strength in your location by moving around the site and observing the signal strength. Using the liveSCAN directional antenna it is possible to locate the position of your network basestations in the area.
Common application areas include:
- SIM free network survey for all cellular networks
- Supports 2G / GPRS, 3G / UMTS and 4G / LTE
- Summary feature displaying all available networks and cells simultaneously
- Handheld ergonomic unit with long life rechargeable battery
- Large, bright full colour LCD screen for ultra clear display
- Supplied with ‘hard’ carrying case including PSU
- Perform site survey to determine highest signal strength
- Real time liveSCAN feature to determine basestation position
- Automatic network scanning process
- 4MB internal storage to record up to 50 network surveys
- Download survey results via USB mass storage device
- Compatible with Windows, MAC OS and Linux
- Simple menu driven interface to select options
- Battery charge status indication on screen
- Powerful ARM processor delivers fast results
- Graphical colour display simplifies readings
- Determine the best network to use for your application
- Perform real time liveSCAN to determine the optimum location for your application
- Evaluate the performance of your existing equipment in the field
- Modify your application and tune the system to improve performance and reduce downtime
- Improve reliability and performance of existing equipment in the field
- Reduce downtime by selecting the most available network in the area ensuring good signal coverage
- Increase network download speed and network response times
- Improve battery life and system up time by reducing power output
- Cost savings and improvements in efficiency by reducing costly engineer callouts
- Improve performance for maintnenance enginners storing multiple surveys without return to base
- Due to the simplicity of the SNYPER interface we have many customers using the SNYPER family to report on signal strength in dBm, RSSI and signal percentage in one easy to use summary screen
- The plug-and-play SIM free design means that the unit works out of the box with no SIM contract or data services being required to evaluate the network performance in the area.
- Improvements in overall system performance increase revenues and reduce system downtime which provides better service to end customers and a more reliable service offering