To identify the ideal Industrial Cellular Modem for your application we have developed the Modem Selector Tool which is a configurable filter to narrow down the results to match your exact requirements.
The Siretta industrial modem solutions are a family of cellular enabled modems which have been designed to an industrial specification to allow an easy connection for remote devices over the internet. The family of products supports a standard set of features including a wide range and robust power supply, RS232 and USB serial connectivity and extended temperature spec as standard.
Each member of the family supports an embedded TCP/IP stack for simple network connectivity and an enhanced set of AT commands to support many advanced features such as FTP, email, SMS, CSD, direct socket connections and over the air software updates. As a result the units are designed to be used as a direct replacement for existing equipment and can be easily setup with the correct commands to operate out-of-the-box.
The industrial modem family can be configured to detect the cellular network provider, signal strength and can perform a complete network survey to establish the optimum network for the location.
Siretta Industrial Modem Application Example
The power supply has been designed to cope with difficult operating environments such as wide voltage spikes seen with an engine cranking and also extremes of operation at low and high voltage operation. With the latest application developments there is a requirement for solutions to run on a much lower power budget and as a result Siretta has designed a family of extremely low power products. These products encompass an intelligent power management solution to shut down power to any non essential components and reduce consumption to an absolute minimum. When running the cellular engine in its lowest power state these devices can operate at less than 1mA whilst remaining connected to the cellular network. This means that they are always online and available to respond to incoming socket connections whilst drawing substantially lower power than existing solutions.
The Siretta industrial modem family also support eSIM profiles to allow multiple SIM profiles to be stored within the cellular engine. This allows users to specify in real time which network they want to connect to and enables a global connectivity platform to take advantage of different pricing structures around the globe. Profiles can also be downloaded in to the unit once they have been shipped in to the field which means that there is no longer a need for an engineering visit.
The Siretta industrial modem solutions can be connected to most existing applications and remote equipment in the field can be configured to control and remotely access online resources with the minimal amount of effort using the serial interface and a standard set of AT commands.
Common application areas include:
- Internet enable remote equipment in the field
- Remotely access information from your estate
- Allow legacy equipment to become data enabled
- Remote software updates to remote devices
- Add cellular connectivity with minimal development work
- Control and monitoring of remote equipment
- Burglar Alarm / Fire Alarm / PIR Alarm remote access
- GPRS keep alive with multiple options
- Optional automatic reboot timer
- Embedded TCP/IP software stack
- Pre-configured eSIM enabled solution
- Remote FOTA updates
- 2G / GPRS for low cost legacy connectivity
- 3G / UMTS for intermediate connectivity
- Fast 4G / LTE performance for high speed internet access
- LTE Cat M / NB IoT for next generation LTE connectivity
- Simple to interface to existing equipment using the cellular network and serial interface
- System agnostic design supports any type of equipment or operating system
- Automatically detect network and perform network scan
- Low power solutions for sensitive power budget applications
- Reduced risk of deployment with tried and tested reliable industrial solution
- Quickly develop into your application to provide internet access to remote equipment
- Increase response times and equipment reliability without adding any complicated system infrastructure
- Multiple device options allow for a single footprint and form factor solution to provide end equipment with all connectivity options
- Cost savings and improvements in efficiency by reducing costly engineer callouts, improved reporting on entire estate and monitor high usage areas to provide better maintnenance
- Due to the wide range of solutions available we have a fully future proof roadmap to cover low speed 2G and low power LTE cat M all the way up to high speed LTE cat 4
- The rugged design means that the equipment is ultra reliable in the field with a whole host of enhanced service offerings to offer a long term field solution
- Improvements in overall system performance increase revenues and offer the ability to provide additional services to end customers and for customers to remotely monitor system performance