To identify the ideal Industrial Cellular Modem for your application we have developed the Modem Selector Tool which is a configurable filter to narrow down the results to match your exact requirements.
The Siretta range of industrial low power modem solutions are a family of cellular enabled modems which have been designed to an industrial specification to allow an easy connection for remote devices over the internet. The family of products supports a standard set of features including low power operation with a wide range and robust power supply, RS232 and USB serial connectivity and extended temperature spec as standard.
Each member of the modem family supports an embedded TCP/IP stack for simple network connectivity and an enhanced set of AT commands to support many advanced features such as FTP, email, SMS, CSD, direct data socket connections and over the air software updates. As a result the units are designed to be used as a direct replacement for existing equipment and can be easily setup with the correct commands to operate out-of-the-box.
In addition to the data communication services offered by the industrial low power modem family, they can also be configured to detect the cellular network provider, signal strength and perform a complete network survey to establish the optimum network for the location.
Siretta Industrial Low Power Modem Application Example
The power supply has been designed to cope with difficult operating environments such as wide voltage spikes seen with an engine cranking and also extremes of operation at low and high voltage operation. With the latest application developments there is a requirement for solutions to run on a much lower power budget and as a result Siretta has designed a family of extremely low power products. These products encompass an intelligent power management solution to shut down power to any non essential components and reduce consumption to an absolute minimum. When running the cellular engine in its lowest power state these devices can operate at less than 1mA whilst remaining connected to the cellular network. This means that they are always online and available to respond to incoming data socket connections whilst drawing substantially lower power than existing solutions.
The Siretta industrial low power modem family also support eSIM profiles to allow multiple SIM profiles to be stored within the cellular engine. This allows users to specify in real time which network they want to connect to and enables a global connectivity platform to take advantage of different pricing structures around the globe. Profiles can also be downloaded in to the unit once they have been shipped in to the field which means that there is no longer a need for an engineering visit.
The Siretta industrial low power modem solutions can be connected to most existing applications and remote equipment in the field can be configured to control and remotely access online resources with the minimal amount of effort using the serial interface and a standard set of AT commands.
- AT Command Interface for Complete Control
- Low power solutions for sensitive power budget applications
- Optional automatic reboot timer
- Embedded TCP/IP software stack
- Pre-configured eSIM enabled solution
- Remote Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) updates
- Embedded C Programming Environment for Intelligent Applications
- 2G / GPRS for low cost legacy connectivity
- 3G / UMTS for intermediate connectivity
- 4G / LTE Cat 1 for medium performance, medium speed internet access
- 4G / LTE Cat 4 for high performance, high speed internet access
- LTE Cat M1 / NB1 for next generation LTE IoT connectivity
- Reduced risk of deployment with tried and tested reliable industrial solution
- Quickly develop into your application to provide internet access to remote equipment
- Increase response times and equipment reliability without adding any complicated system infrastructure
- System agnostic design supports any type of equipment or operating system
- Automatically detect network and perform network scan
- Multiple device options allow for a single footprint and form factor solution to provide end equipment with all connectivity options
- Cost savings and improvements in efficiency by reducing costly engineer callouts, improved reporting on entire estate and monitor high usage areas to provide better maintenance
- Due to the wide range of solutions available we have a fully future proof roadmap to cover low speed 2G and low power LTE cat M all the way up to high speed LTE cat 4
- The rugged design means that the equipment is ultra reliable in the field with a whole host of enhanced service offerings to offer a long term field solution
- Improvements in overall system performance increase revenues and offer the ability to provide additional services to end customers and for customers to remotely monitor system performance
Common application areas include:
- Internet enable remote equipment in the field
- Remotely access information from your estate of devices
- Allow legacy equipment to become internet enabled
- Push software and firmware updates to remote devices
- Add cellular connectivity with minimal development work
- Control, monitor and improve performance of remote equipment
- Burglar Alarm / Fire Alarm / PIR Alarm remote access
Low Power Industrial ZETA Modem Data Throughput
|2G / GSM-EDGE*||236 kbps||296 kbps|
|3G / UMTS||5.76 Mbps (ZETA LTE1)||7.2 Mbps (ZETA LTE1)|
|3G / UMTS**||11.5 Mbps (ZETA LTE4)||42 Mbps (ZETA-LTE4)|
|LTE Cat 1||5 Mbps||10 Mbps|
|LTE Cat 4||50 Mbps||150 Mbps|
|LTE Cat M1||375 kbps||300 kbps|
|LTE Cat NB1||62.5 kbps||21 kbps|
*The ZETA supports EDGE. This is an enhanced (but backwardly compatible) version of GPRS, sometimes referred to as 2.75G. Not all networks can be assumed to support this, in which case the GPRS data rates will apply.
NOTE: These data transfer rates are the data rates supported by the ZETA. Good network reception and a connected cell tower supporting these data rates is also required to get these transfer rates. To get the highest connection speeds, the USB interface of the ZETA must be used.
Low Power Industrial ZETA Modem Interfaces
|ZETA Model||LTE Category||Ultra Low Power||Low Power||Digital Inputs||Digital Outputs||ADC Inputs||Debug RS232||PSU Output||GNSS Position|
|ZETA-NLP-LTEM (GL)||M1 / NB1||Yes|
|ZETA-NEP-LTEM (GL)||M1 / NB1||Yes||3||2||1||Yes||Yes|
(GL) = Global Region | (EU) = European Region | (AP) = Asia Pacific | (USA) = American Region
Low Power Industrial ZETA Modem Regional LTE Coverage
|LTE Band||Frequency||Common Name||LTE (EU)||LTE (USA)||LTE (AP)||LTEM (GL)|
|B8||900 MHz||Extended GSM||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|B12||700 MHz||Lower SMH||Yes||Yes|
|B13||700 MHz||Upper SMH||Yes||Yes|
|B14||700 MHz||Upper SMH||Yes|
|B18||850 MHz||Lower 800 (Japan)||Yes||Yes|
|B19||850 MHz||Upper 800 (Japan)||Yes||Yes|
|B20||800 MHz||Digital Dividend||Yes||Yes|
|B26||850 MHz||Extended Cellular||Yes||Yes|
|B66||1700 MHz||Extended AWS||Yes|
|B71||600 MHz||Digital Dividend (US)||Yes|
*B9 was intended for use in Japan, but not deployed
**B28A is a subset of B28 using the lower duplexer frequencies
(Tx : 703-733 MHz / Rx : 758-788 MHz)